DevTeam updated ultrasn0w. They removed the daemon and used ideas of GeoHot’s purplesn0w, but implemented these ideas in a better safer way. New ultrasn0w 0.9 uses 152 bytes of baseband RAM, which is 6900 timesless than purplesn0w. They also use mobile substrate to patch CommCenter, instead of patching the file itself.
Here is a list of features from DevTeam.
- Works on both 3G and 3GS.
- Works on hacktivated devices.
- Works regardless of how you jailbroke your device.
- Doesn’t patch any mach-o binary whatsoever. (Doesn’t require a separate patch as each new firmware comes out).
- Doesn’t install any additional daemon
- Has no race conditions, no popups about “Missing SIM”, no network issues
- Is almost 7000 times smaller than its nearest competition
- Is available now via Cydia. Source repo is
http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com(that last “0” in ultrasn0w is a zero!)
Anyway this new solution is a very good one. It uses good ideas in a good way. We recommend to use ultrasnow.